Sunday 26 May 2013

C is for Cookie!

Hello all you lovely people!
I am super excited because I have FINALLY been able to find the time to create my very own Cookie Monster inspired nails. Here is my journey (hehe)...


On Saturday I sat down in my usual spot trying to ponder my ideas of what nail art I should try today. Sifting through my colours and glitters and stamping equipment I stopped  at my Cookie Monster blue polish. Now this is not a unusual event, most weekends/week nights I stop at this colour hoping and wishing for the day I can fulfil my dream of creating my very own Cookie Monster design. When SUDDENLY I realised I had all the supplies (and the time of course).

Going into this I knew there was at least a 80% chance of my failing miserably for many reasons...I smudge it so many times I give up, the flocking* doesn't work or the fact that I suck at fine detail so my Cookie looks a bit 'off'. But I steamed forward and this is what I came up with (and I am so freakin' happy with how it came out)...




I started with my base blue colour. I got this beautiful blue polish from Barry M - Cyan Blue. 

To make Cookie Monster's face I used BC&Co. - Shade 11 and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color - White On. 
I free handed the mouth (which I think turned out really well) and I used a dotting tool for the eyes.

For the cookies I used Avon Nailwear Pro - Perfectly Flesh for the base and for the choc chips I used Rimmel Wear Maxx - Sunset Bronze. 










*For my ring and pinky fingers I chopped up my Cookie Monster soft toy to stick on my fingers.... JOKING! Hehe! I would NEVER harm any of my Cookie Monster toys.

I did, however, create my OWN flocking.

What is flocking you ask?? 
Well It is basically the fuzzy stuff you see on my nails.
I am in the process of creating a tutorial on how to make it for a fraction of the price you can buy online or in store.
So stay tuned!


Ok tell me what you think?

B xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment